- The 9 Best Treats to Bring to a Holiday Party
- The Ultimate Hanukkah Party
- Italian-American Coffee & Cake
- Party-Ready Red Walnuts
- 6 New Party Essentials
- A Champagne House Party with Catherine Martin and Baz Luhrmann
- 7 Ways to Have a Pinterest-Worthy Thanksgiving
- World’s Wackiest Ice Creams
- Hostess Gifts on the Fly
- Kentucky Derby Day Juleps
© Prue Hyman
Luxe picnic basket service at Andaz 5th Avenue.
Snacking with friends on a picnic blanket is my ultimate summer pleasure. A recent episode of Good Food on KCRW, a favorite podcast of mine, described delicious takeout picnic-food options in Los Angeles, and it had me wishing for some of the same in New York. My wish was granted: The Andaz 5th Avenue hotel launches picnic basket service this week. Baskets start at $60 for hotel guests ($75 for non-guests) for a basic spread (sandwich with prosciutto, schnitzel or tuna, fruit, iced tea), or hotel guests can splurge on the midrange Champagne Basket (with caviar and blini) or an ultra-luxe $2,000 basket (with assorted cheeses, breads, fruit and amazing Pomerol wine). For an extra $150, an Andaz Picnic Host will even scout out a perfect picnic spot and set up the blanket ahead of time—an awesome way to take in a film after work at Bryant Park’s Summer Film Festival, which kicks off next week.