- The Best Wine for Steak Is Not What You Think
- A Chef’s Birth Beer
- A Sweet, Italian Liqueur for the Holidays
- Emeril Lagasse’s Favorite American Pinot Noirs
- 6 Beers That Are Amazing with Asian Food
- 9 Ways to Make a Manhattan
- The Best Cherry for a Manhattan
- 4 Ways to Upgrade a Shandy
- A Funkier Glass of Sparkling
- 8 Tropical Island Rum Cocktails
This bright and slightly fizzy wine is a favorite of chef Zak Pelaccio.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef Zak Pelaccio is hooked on Don Giovanni. No, he doesn’t have a crush on an Italian nobleman. Don Giovanni is the name of Domaine de L’Octavin’s Jura Pinot Noir. Fermented naturally with indigenous yeasts, the wine is slightly fizzy. “It’s bright and alive. You feel healthy drinking it,” says Pelaccio. “You can drink it for breakfast.”