- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- An Honest Pale Ale
- Bitter Cocktails Even Campari-Haters Will Love
- A Sweet, Italian Liqueur for the Holidays
- 9 Ways to Make a Manhattan
- The Best Cherry for a Manhattan
- A Funkier Glass of Sparkling
- Joe Beef's Chef Prefers Two-Ingredient Cocktails
- Nor'Easter, on the Rocks
- The Secret to Marital Bliss: Snobby Wine and Cheap Beer
This bright and slightly fizzy wine is a favorite of chef Zak Pelaccio.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef Zak Pelaccio is hooked on Don Giovanni. No, he doesn’t have a crush on an Italian nobleman. Don Giovanni is the name of Domaine de L’Octavin’s Jura Pinot Noir. Fermented naturally with indigenous yeasts, the wine is slightly fizzy. “It’s bright and alive. You feel healthy drinking it,” says Pelaccio. “You can drink it for breakfast.”