- Everything You Need to Know About April Bloomfield's NYC Meat Shop
- 7 Chefs' Halloween Candy Obsessions
- Party for a Cause at Chris Shepherd’s Southern Smoke
- In Knives & Ink, Chefs Tell the Stories Behind Their Tattoos
- Tailgate Like a Pro with 5 Ideal Sandwich-and-Beer Pairings
- Behold the Secret Burger Pizza at Emmy Squared’s Downstairs Bar
- Anthony Bourdain's Surprisingly Traditional Thanksgiving
- Team Estela Opens Flora Bar and Flora Coffee Tonight in The Met Breuer
- Restaurant Roots: Deuki Hong's Fried Chicken Dreams
- Chef Nick Stefanelli's Guide to Puglia and Rome
Jamie Bissonnette is People's Choice Best New Chef!
This is also a good time to applaud regional winners like Midwest champion Lee Richardson, chef at Ashley’s at the Capital Hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas. Richardson created a dedicated website—voteforcheflee.com—and got American Idol winner Kris Allen to campaign for him. (Next time he's on Idol, I'm voting for him.) And then there’s Ricardo Zarate of L.A.’s Mo-Chica restaurant, who won the Pacific region thanks in part to a huge showing of national pride from the Peruvian community. And Tim Byres at Smoke in Dallas, who threw a big get-out-the-vote party that helped make him the Southwest champion.
Here’s a list of the regional winners (another round of applause). We salute you, and we also salute all 100 chefs in the People’s Best New Chef pool—you can find them here. We admire you all.
The Regional Champions
New England – Jamie Bissonnette, Coppa, Boston
Mid-Atlantic – Kyle Bailey, Birch & Barley, Washington DC
New York Area – David Felton, Ninety Acres, Peapack-Gladstone, NJ
Southeast – Bryan Emperor, Kalu Asian Kitchen, Charlotte, NC
Gulf Coast – James Lewis, Bettola, Birmingham, AL
Midwest – Lee Richardson, Ashley’s at the Capital Hotel, Little Rock, AR
Southwest – Tim Byres, Smoke, Dallas
Great Lakes – Jose Salazar, The Palace, Cincinnati
Pacific – Ricardo Zarate, Mo-Chica, Los Angeles
Northwest – Jason Franey, Canlis, Seattle