- An L.A. Chef’s Sashimi-Enhanced Croque-Madam
- Cathal Armstrong’s Cult 'Boiling Bacon'
- Mourad Lahlou’s Flaky, Meaty Basteeya
- The Most Lobster-Packed Lobster Pasta Ever
- The Surprising Inspiration Behind Eric Ripert's Signature Tuna Dish
- Scott Conant’s Signature Spaghetti
- Andy Ricker’s Amazing All-Meat Thai Salad
- Hugh Acheson’s Collard Greens Are Better Than Your Grandmother’s
- The Caramel Cake Worth Crying Over
- A New England Chef's Secret for Cooking Tons of Lobster
Heads will roll if this sandwich ever comes off the menu at Chicago's Tavernita.
“If we ever took the pork belly bocadillo off the menu at Tavernita, people would kill me,” says Ryan Poli, the Chicago restaurant’s former chef who remains a partner. The crispy pork belly sliders are topped with apple jam, pickled red onions and arugula salad on a brioche bun. “The flavors are acidic, sweet and salty,” Poli says. “And there are a lot of textures going on.”