- Quick Snack
- The Ultimate Italian Bar Snack
- Salad Dressing Days
- Heroic Waiter Saves Customers at NYC's Bar Bao
- Crazy Fried Chicken
- Waffle Mania
- The Little Trick to Eating Ramen That Will Change Your Slurping Game
- This Chicago Chef Designed His Hit Restaurant Around His Home
- There’s No Poutine at the Highly Anticipated Riel, Opening Next Week
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
© Jesse Gerstein
Peaches and chorizo at Dell'anima.
Meat and fruit have always seemed like an odd pairing to me. Beyond the classic Italian combination of melon and prosciutto, I can’t quite think of any other delicious matches. But chefs Gabe Thompson and Chris Frazier of Dell'anima in New York City have been experimenting, with great success. I stopped in for dinner last night and noticed a new side dish, peaches and chorizo with bush basil. The warm, sweet peaches topped with salty, meaty chorizo worked brilliantly. I can’t think of a simpler side to make for a summer meal. And the glutton in me is tempted to add a dollop of crème fraîche and serve it as a savory dessert for my meat-loving friends.