- F&W’s 2016 Sommeliers of the Year On the Best Wines They Drank This Year
- Announcing Food & Wine's 2014 Sommeliers of the Year
- June Rodil's Life Story in 5 Bottles: From the Napa Valley to Lebanon's Bekaa Valley
- Chris Tanghe's Life Story in 3 Wines: Aged Barolo, Brilliant Burgundy and a Wine with a 2-Minute Finish
- Where to Drink Wine in Austin
- Michael Muser's Life Story in 5 Bottles: Profoundly Balanced Riesling and Super-Pure Pinot Noir
- Ceri Smith's Life Story in 5 Bottles: From Jug Wine to Super-Luxe Barolo
- Eric Railsback's Life Story in 5 Wines: $10 Grüner and Grand Cru Chablis
- Hristo Zisovski's Life Story in 5 Wines: From Homemade Garage Wine to Well-Aged Petrus
- Announcing Food & Wine's 2015 Sommeliers of the Year
Patrick Cappiello is a wine world superstar. Here, 5 life-defining bottles from one of F&W's 2014 Sommeliers of the Year.
Patrick Cappiello is a wine world superstar. Here, 5 life-defining bottles from one of Food & Wine's 2014 Sommeliers of the Year.
2001, First wine job at Tribeca Grill, NYC
1989 Henri Bonneau Réserve des Célestins
"Old vintages of Châteauneuf-du-Pape became an exciting reference point for me. This is one of the best."
2002, At a wine importer's portfolio tasting
Pierre Péters Champagne
"I thought Champagne was only made by five houses. All of a sudden, I saw this table of grower Champagnes I'd never seen before."
2005, While sommelier at Veritas, NYC
1971 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Richebourg
"All the Wall Street guys were opening crazy bottles. I'll probably never taste as much great wine as I did at Veritas."
2007, At Veritas
1955 La Mission Haut-Brion
"My first opportunity to taste old Bordeaux. Old Burgundy can be life-changing, but old Bordeaux can be even more magical."
2009, While wine director at Gilt, NYC
Clos Rougeard Saumur-Champigny
"I made a conscious effort to learn about the Loire Valley. Clos Rougeard has become so scarce, it's almost like a sacrament at this point."