Traditional Carolina barbecue begins with a whole hog smoked over coals; here, Sean Brock cooks pork shoulder for 12 hours in a 275° oven before smoking it for about 1 hour in a backyard grill. Click through the slideshow for his grill-and-oven method for Carolina pulled pork, plus three key sauces.
New Slideshow: DIY Pulled Pork
Related: Innovative Game Day Snacks
Fast Game Day Snacks
Healthy Game Day Snacks
Tweets of the Week
F&W doesn't expect you to see every tweet we send out (just almost every one). Catch up each week with this top 5 list.
1. @fandw: 5 ways to make a chef hate you: http://fandw.me/1h0WFM6 @ozerskytv
2. @fandw: Reaching for a Baby Ruth? Don’t forget the sherry! Wine pairings for Halloween candy: http://fandw.me/1aF8Ad8 @nestleusa
3. @fandw: 10 dark beers for people who don’t like dark beer: http://fandw.me/18vHbFO
4. @fandw: If you’re dieting, don’t forget the wine. This pairing comes it at under 600 calories: http://fandw.me/1eJR2NJ
5. @fandw: Make sure to stock up on extra canned pumpkin this season for these six smart non-pie ideas: http://fandw.me/18vHgsQ
Related: Delicious Pumpkin Pies
Savory Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Seed Recipes
Photographer and trained cook Nicole Franzen, of the blog La Buena Vida, hosts an intimate fall rooftop party starring F&W recipes—and captures the results.
My friends and I wanted to get together outside before it got too cold out. This was the last hurrah on our friend Kristy's roof until spring comes. We hosted the party on a Saturday afternoon and decided to serve small bites so people could pick and choose what they wanted. Along with some of our entertaining standbys, we served these dishes from the November issue of Food & Wine: Layered Citrus Salad, Carrot Salad with Mushrooms and Herbs, Spinach-and-Artichoke Galette and Creamed Kale Toasts. Click through the F&W Entertaining slideshow to see Franzen's fall party.
Follow Nicole Franzen on Instagram @nicole_franzen.
Related: Best Recipes for Fall Produce
Great Squash Dishes Around the Country
Beautiful Fall Cocktails