- Jamie Bissonnette’s Wicked Quick Egg Salad Trick
- 6 Dishes Improved with a Poached Egg
- The Eggiest Egg Dish in the World
- Video: How to Make Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Will Change Brunch Forever
- The 7 Best Biscuit Sandwiches
- 7 Reasons You Must Buy the Mad Genius Cookbook
- 7 Killer Corn Chowders
- The Best Trick for Cooking Button Mushrooms
- 9 Best DIY Condiments for Hot Dogs
With coffee prices spiking, here's a Mad Genius Tip on how to get more bang from your buck from each cup.
Coffee prices are at an all-time high and it doesn't appear that they'll be going down anytime soon. While I'm not suggesting you stop your morning caffeine ritual, I do think you should make sure you are getting every penny's worth from each cup.
Once you've had your morning cup of Joe, spread the wet coffee grounds on a baking sheet in a thin layer and place them in a 250 degree oven until dry. Once finished, you can store them in an open jar and place it anywhere there may be unpleasant odors in your home (kitchen cabinets, the refrigerator, the bathroom, near the litter box). Let the grounds hang out and be amazed at how much odor they absorb!
Bonus: Once the smells are gone, send those coffee grounds to your compost pile or the garden (where they'll improve your soil).