- Why Apples Float
- How Snow Can Help You Bake, and the World Record for Pancake Flipping
- How an Englishman Brought Iced Tea to the Masses
- Raisin Bread Can Explain the Entire Universe
- Brush Up on Your Ice Cream Vocab
- How Napoleon Armed His Soldiers with Baguettes
- Can Mushrooms Make You Immortal?
- Who Was Suzette and How Did She Inspire Delicious, Flaming Crêpes?
- The Pious Origins of the Pretzel
- 6 Fun Food Trivia Tidbits
1. The word whisk comes from a word for ‘twig’ because the first whisks were made of sticks or straw.
2. When popcorn pops, kernels somersault about 490 degrees in the air before landing.
3. Linzertorte, a sweet pastry filled with jam, is the oldest-known torte in the world.
4. Nachos entered the universe when a chef went AWOL and an inspired waiter stepped in, tossing toppings on chips.
5. Shepherds first noticed the effect of coffee when goats ate the berries and started dancing.
6. Witches brew or homeopathic herbs? Birthwort, coltsfoot, feverroot, gypsywort, Adder’s Tongue.
7. One chocolate chip creates enough energy for an average adult to walk 150 ft.