- How René Redzepi Is Giving Back to the Culinary Community in Mexico
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Everything You Need to Know About April Bloomfield's NYC Meat Shop
- Angie Mar Dreams of Ribeye at The Beatrice Inn, Revamped and Opening Today
- At Nixta, Cauliflower Tortillas and Pisco Sours Are on the Menu
- 7 New Restaurants That Defy Culinary Trends
- Where to Eat Detroit-Style Pizza, Outside Detroit
- Team Estela Opens Flora Bar and Flora Coffee Tonight in The Met Breuer
- Toups South Opens with Aaron Franklin’s Smoker and a 160-Year-Old Bar
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
Chad Hedrick, Speed Skating, USA: "Rodney's Oyster House has a laid-back atmosphere with excellent oysters and other seafood." 1228 Hamilton St.; 604-609-0080 or rohvan.com.
Alexa Loo, Snowboarding, Canada: The Richmond, BC, native loves Glowbal
Grill in Yaletown, known for its decadent lobster grilled cheese
sandwiches. 1079 Mainland St.; 604-629-3424 or glowbalgrill.com.
Evan Lysacek, Figure Skating, USA: The gold medalist had brunch
at Yew at the Four Seasons Vancouver before his winning skate. 791
W. Georgia St.; 604- 689-9333 or fourseasons.com/Vancouver.
Debbie McCormick, Curling, USA: The U.S. curling team member plans on
visiting the Cellar Jazz Club, which serves snacks like yam
frites and spicy edamame. 3611 W. Broadway St.; 604-738-1959 or
Shaun White, Snowboarding, USA: The gold medalist has been spotted
celebrating in Vancouver's Granville Entertainment District at the
two-story Republic club, which has a towering, backlit bar. 958
Granville St., 604-669-3266; dhmbars.ca.
Hayley Wickenheiser, Hockey, Canada: The three-time Olympic medalist
was chosen to deliver the athletes' oath at the 2010 opening ceremony.
Wickenheiser loves Vij's imaginative Indian dishes, like marinated
lamb popsicles with cream curry, and Miku's aburi-style
(lightly torched) sushi. Vij's, 1480 W. 11th Ave.; 604-736-6664 or
vijs.ca. Miku, #2 – 1055 W. Hastings St.; 604-568-3900 or