- A Champagne House Party with Catherine Martin and Baz Luhrmann
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Bar
- Give Summer Tees New Life with Artisan Dyes
- Batali Disciple in Cartagena
- 7 Ways to Have a Pinterest-Worthy Thanksgiving
- How a Top Brooklyn Furniture Designer Started Her Business
- An Ultra-Practical, Bistro-Style Kitchen
- John Derian for Target
- The Year of the Pig (Tattoo)
- Bronson van Wyck's Take-Home Style
© Erica Simone
The custom kitchen at Jay Kos.
New York City fashion designer Jay Kos finds shopping for clothes boring. "We all have what we need, but we shop because we love to express ourselves creatively. The experience should also be creative." To make the shopping experience at his new menswear store, which opens today on Mott Street, more fun for both him and his clients, he's installed a fabulous custom green-glass kitchen designed by Italian manufacturer GD Cucine. The food-obsessed fashion designer, known for his preppy haberdashery, is often inspired by the colors of produce in the green market. He will also use the farmers' market to inspire the dishes he cooks at the shop, though he says the signature dish will be an omelet with artichoke hearts, which he learned to make in Italy. A Russian baker friend will also be baking tarts starting next week.