- What It's Like to Cook with Dominique Crenn
- A Guide to Pintxos from The Basque Book
- Cook Your Way Through Persia with Naomi Duguid
- In Knives & Ink, Chefs Tell the Stories Behind Their Tattoos
- 4 Health-Focused Cookbooks for the New Year
- The Year's Best Cookbooks
- Nora Ephron on Julie & Julia
- Fish Fin Chips and More Tips from Donald Link
- Loved Jerusalem? Get this Cookbook
- Bid on a Cool Cookbook for a Beautiful Cause
“The Green Team will be in full effect when Frankies comes to Los Angeles,” says Vinny Dotolo, one half of the chef team at LA’s Animal restaurant. On the one hand, he was talking about June 30th, when Frankies Spuntino's Frank Falcinelli and Frank Castronovo travel from Brooklyn to do an amazing one-night-only, pop-up restaurant at Animal with recipes from their outstanding new Kitchen Companion & Cooking Manual. (Pulitzer-Prize-winning writer Jonathan Gold has labeled the upcoming LA dinner the "dude-food summit.") Anyone who saw Kim Severson’s recent New York Times story, "Marijuana Fuels a New Kitchen Culture"—which happened to feature Dotolo, Falcinelli and Castronovo—will have a good idea of what else he might have been talking about.
© Kate Krader
© Kate Krader
The two Franks.
Seats at the dinner, which seem to be selling out quickly, are $60 (which gets you a cookbook, too) at animalrestaurant.com. Wine pairings are $30 plus.