- Hungary Tries to Ban Use of Red Stars, Probably Just to Spite Heineken
- Thick Mint Stout Is Your Unofficial Girl Scout Cookie Beer
- A Quarter of American Beer Drinkers Say They’re Switching to Pot
- Here's the Naturally Green Beer You Deserve on St. Patrick's Day
- AB InBev's Craft Brewery Binge Heads To China
- Scientists Think Hops Could Help Fight Cancer
- Cuba's Running Out of Beer
- Here's How to Jump on the Craft Beer Bandwagon
- After Millennials, the Next Market for Craft Beer Is… Dogs
- Beer-Spiked Desserts for Memorial Day
© NY Beer Week
NY Beer Week Passport
The 4th Annual NY Craft Beer Week starts today and goes through Sunday, September 25. Beer Passports are available for $10 online, or as an iPhone or Droid app, and include a complete list of events as well as coupons for $3 beers at hundreds of local bars. Some highlights by the numbers:
- 6 courses of chef Bobby Hellen’s fantastic Belgian-inspired food at Resto on Monday 9/19 for the Ultimate Brewmaster's Degustation Beer Dinner, with two beer pairings per course. Call 212-685-5585 for reservations.
- 10 days to take part in Beer Week events that include tastings, music festivals and pub crawls.
- 21 breweries pouring special beers paired with charcuterie, cheese and chocolate at the Brewer’s Choice pairing event at City Winery on the 22nd.
- $40 to attend the September 24 Have Beer, Will Travel event at Hudson Terrace and taste 50 obscure beers from NY and Canada.
- 150 mile radius of NYC: Eight breweries in this range will participate in the Just Food: Let Us Eat Local Annual Fundraiser on the 21st. Restaurants providing food include ABC Kitchen, Gramercy Tavern and the Spotted Pig, among others. A portion of proceeds from the evening will go to farmers impacted by Hurricane Irene.