- This Artist Will Custom-Paint Your Stand Mixer — and Beyoncé is a Customer!
- Some of New York's Swankiest Restaurants Are Hosting a Bake Sale for Planned Parenthood
- Exactly What Selena Gomez Eats Every Single Morning
- Watch a Young Mary Berry Put Fish in the Blender in These Amazing Vintage Cooking Segments
- These Fourth Graders Are Lobbying Wisconsin to Make Cheese an Official State Symbol
- A Shanghai Restaurant Bombards Your Senses With Dancing Waiters and a Nintendo Soundtrack
- Deep Clean Your Cast Iron Skillet With This Miraculous Gadget
- Hungary Tries to Ban Use of Red Stars, Probably Just to Spite Heineken
- This Chef's Food Photos Are Terrifying
- Peeps Flavored Italian Ice Is a Thing
This gives a new meaning to the “kid’s menu.”
If your child prefers caviar to hot dogs and uni to ice cream, listen up: On April 26, NYC restaurants like Blue Hill, Atera, Del Posto and Per Se will serve a special menu to kid diners for just $30. Organized by Nordic cooking superstar and Noma co-founder Claus Meyer, the Kid’s Table project invites children aged 7-14 years to dine at Michelin-starred restaurants—no parents allowed (they are asked to wait outside of the restaurant during the meal). The three-course menus at each of the ten participating restaurants will include three seasonal ingredients: rhubarb, lamb and turnip.
This is the first time Meyer has hosted this type of event in America, but Kid’s Table has been an annual occurrence in Denmark since 2011. The tickets typically sell out within hours. Last year, over 90 different restaurants participated, hosting more than 4,000 kids.
By giving children the opportunity to not only experience an amazing meal at a top-tier restaurant but to dine there without their parents, Meyer believes that he is empowering kids to be more courageous in their eating habits. “It’s a very special moment,” Meyer said, per Eater. “They are treated like adults.”
The seating for Per Se has already sold out, but tickets for the remaining nine restaurants are available at brownpapertickets.com.