- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
- How to Winterize a Gin and Tonic
- 6 Drinks to Make with Eau-de-Vie (A.K.A. Napa Valley Moonshine)
- A Funkier Kind of Sparkling
- 7 Manly Cocktails to Make with Lillet
- Who Needs Craft Beer
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
Hardcore punk drummer and Del Posto pastry chef Brooks Headley drinks more like a garage band musician than a James Beard Award-winning chef.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender's expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Hardcore punk drummer and Del Posto pastry chef Brooks Headley drinks more like a garage band musician than a James Beard Award-winning chef. “I’m a beer guy,” he says. “And I like cheap. I don’t like nice beer. After the Beard awards in 2013 we had a party at Del Posto. The wine director ordered some fancy Italian beers. My friend went to the bodega and bought me a six-pack of Budweiser. I was so grateful for that. I used to be embarrassed, but it’s just so drinkable and refreshing.”