- Jean-Georges Vongerichten Eschews Escoffier, Admires Ali-Bab
- Jimmy Bradley’s Favorite Storybook Cookbook
- The Perfect Cookbook for Italian Daughters-in-Law
- The Ultimate Book for Fire-Loving Cooks
- How to Be a Great French Chef
- An Adventure Through Flatbreads
- Spain, Greece, the Middle East and North Africa...All in One Inspiring Cookbook
- This Hidden Gem of a Cookbook Has the Perfect Escargot Recipe
- Feeling Stale? Read This Pastry Book
- Ryan Poli’s First Favorite Cookbook
Chef Renee Erickson's favorite cookbooks are all by Nigel Slater.
Getting a chef to pick a favorite cookbook is like asking a parent to choose her most-loved child. But F&W pressed great cooks around the country to reveal their top picks of all time.
The Chef: Renee Erickson, The Whale Wins in Seattle
The Book: Anything by Nigel Slater
“Right now my favorite books are any from Nigel Slater,” Erickson says. “I love his simple daily recipes. I want to plunk myself down into the middle of his idyllic London world. It feels similar to Seattle in many ways, but it’s foreign as well. He also incorporates the Indian and African influences in England, which are quite decadent.”