- Peanut Butter Plus
- 3 Tasty Ways to Flavor Edamame
- Fantastic Austrian Pumpkin Seeds
- Party-Ready Red Walnuts
- Whole-Wheat Pasta That You Can Cook Perfectly
- A Great Date
- If You Like Lamb Shanks, Try Lamb Shoulder Chops
- Okra: The Best Unsung Frozen Vegetable
- Best Baby Snacks: Little Duck Organics Tiny Fruits
- Fair-Trade Shopping Guide
© Michael Harlan Turkell
F&W food editors apply their incredible cooking knowledge to explaining what to do with a variety of interesting ingredients.
New York City-based Mama O’s makes fantastic kimchi—I especially love the bok choy version. I recently picked up a jar of the company’s kimchi paste—an intense, salty, sweet, funky blend of Korean red pepper, garlic, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. The idea is to just add cabbage to make your own kimchi, but I love the paste so much that I use it as a condiment. I’ve served it with scrambled eggs, tossed it with stir-fried vegetables and mixed it with mayonnaise to make my own secret sauce.