- Urban Picnicking in Boston
- NYC's Top New Tapas
- Oatmeal, Cheaper, Faster and Better
- How Chicago Restaurant Maple & Ash Made Up for Missing Out on Restaurant Week
- A New Orleans Pastry Chef's Broadway-Inspired Dessert Menu
- Big Bad Burgers
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Cheat Sheet
- Super Bowl Postmortem
- Recreating Michael Phelps's Diet At Home
- Exciting New Seasonal Beers are Perfect for Pairing
Chefs have proclaimed pork their favorite sandwich filling, creating everything from new takes on banh mi to messy pork-belly sliders. But recently I've been spotting uni (sea urchin) on sandwiches all around New York City. Uni-obsessed chef Michael White is serving sea-urchin-and-lardo crostini at his new seafood restaurant, Marea. Chef George Mendes has created a stellar sea urchin toast with cauliflower cream for his menu at the recently opened Aldea. And the Chelsea tapas spot El Quinto Pino does a clever sea urchin panino.
© Melissa Hom
Uni-obsessed chef Michael White.