- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- The Ultimate Wine Party Snack
- Broccoli Sandwich with a Bright, Crisp White
- Smoky Brussels Sprouts and Polenta with a Rich White
- Live-to-100 Salad with Pinot Gris
- Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Lightly Sweet Riesling
- Why Your Winter Salad Needs Lentils (and Wine)
- 7 Ways to Serve Clams
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew with Sauvignon Blanc
In the most grotesque live competition I've ever seen, Joey Chestnut set a world record and earned his third-consecutive Mustard Belt by eating 68 franks and buns in 10 minutes at this year's Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, NY.
© Wendell T. Webber
Chestnut steadily kept his lead over his archrival, Takeru Kobayashi, the 2001-2006 world champion, who finished with a 64 dog-count. The two men tied at 59 wieners last year until Chestnut won a dramatic five hot-dog eat-off.
If you're not eating dozens at a time, try these modern takes on the classic summer dog, from the F&W archive:
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Avocado (pictured)
Crosshatch Hot Dogs on Grilled Croissants
Sausages with Grilled Onion Chowchow
OR these 7 amazing sausage recipes.