- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Virginia Chardonnay That's Amazing with Seafood
- A Terrific Chianti Classico (With Some Age)
- A Brilliant Biodynamic White from Oregon
- Last-Gasp-of-Winter White
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A $10 Red Made By a Tuscan Superstar
Kelli White, of Press in Napa Valley, oversees a luxe list, but at home she turns to this inexpensive Alsace Riesling.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Kelli White, sommelier at Press, St. Helena, California
What: 2011 Trimbach Riesling
Why: “Trimbach’s basic Riesling is a staple in my house. I love its power and its energy. Fantastically citric and floral, this wine has good breadth in the palate, but finishes bone dry.”