- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
Kelli White, of Press in Napa Valley, oversees a luxe list, but at home she turns to this inexpensive Alsace Riesling.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Kelli White, sommelier at Press, St. Helena, California
What: 2011 Trimbach Riesling
Why: “Trimbach’s basic Riesling is a staple in my house. I love its power and its energy. Fantastically citric and floral, this wine has good breadth in the palate, but finishes bone dry.”