- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- My First House White
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- A Malbec That Speaks French
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
Kelli White, of Press in Napa Valley, oversees a luxe list, but at home she turns to this inexpensive Alsace Riesling.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Kelli White, sommelier at Press, St. Helena, California
What: 2011 Trimbach Riesling
Why: “Trimbach’s basic Riesling is a staple in my house. I love its power and its energy. Fantastically citric and floral, this wine has good breadth in the palate, but finishes bone dry.”