- Watch: How to Make the Ultimate Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving
- Video: How to Make Amazing Pistachio Macarons
- Fluffy Lemon Snow Is an Amazing Christmas Dessert
- How to Make a Next-Level Honey-Glazed Ham for Easter
- Watch: Everything You Need to Know About Butchering a Turkey
- Video: One Steak to Feed Them All
- Do You Know the Difference Between a Macaron and a Macaroon?
- Fall Drink for Gastronauts: The High-Tech Apple Gimlet
- The Secret to Perfectly Chewy, Cake-Like Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Know a Budding Gastronaut? Gift a ChefSteps Class at 50 Percent Off
Eggnog heralds the arrival of the holiday season, and our version takes advantage of some modern techniques to boost flavor and texture.
We've partnered with the mad food scientists at ChefSteps to bring their hyper-inventive cooking videos to F&W readers. Here, the team that worked with Nathan Myrhvold to create the magnum opus Modernist Cuisine shares an incredible food experiment.
Eggnog heralds the arrival of the holiday season, and our version takes advantage of some modern techniques to boost flavor and texture. Enjoy it plain or hooch it up with a nice shot of rum or bourbon.
Equipment: Immersion circulator, blender
Get the full recipe at Chefsteps.com