- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
- How to Winterize a Gin and Tonic
- 6 Drinks to Make with Eau-de-Vie (A.K.A. Napa Valley Moonshine)
- Start Your Beer Cellar with this Porter
- A Funkier Kind of Sparkling
- 7 Manly Cocktails to Make with Lillet
- Who Needs Craft Beer
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
- Aaron Burgau Doesn’t Want Your Craft Beer
- Kevin Gillespie Thinks American Beer is Great, but German Beer is Better
Chef Jonathan Justus, of Justus Drugstore in Smithville, Missouri, is a local wine booster.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef Jonathan Justus, of Justus Drugstore in Smithville, Missouri, is a local wine booster. Specifically, he’s into the Vidal Blanc from Stone Hill Winery. “I’d say it’s closest to a Vinho Verde,” he says. “It’s probably the best wine being made in Missouri right now.” Justus also recommends the winery’s single-vineyard Norton, Missouri’s signature grape. “It’s brilliant,” he says, “and Norton is a very tough grape.”