- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Joe Salamone, wine buyer at Crush Wine & Spirits in New York City
Why: Blauschiefer means “blue slate,” an homage to the slate soil in Germany’s Mosel region, where this wine is from. The slate gives the wine tons of minerality and an almost salty smell and taste. Salamone loves this wine for its purity. If a wine can have energy, he says this one does.