- Here's What's Next for Nobu
- Farida Brings Dishes from the Mountains of Lebanon to Hollywood
- Per Se Offers Discounted Dinner for Diners Under 30
- Artisanal Ice Cream Is Taking Over L.A.
- Noma Cofounder's Brooklyn Restaurant & Cooking School to Open This Spring
- Grant Achatz to Open The Aviary in New York
- Rome's Premier Pizza Makers Are Coming to America
- At L.A.'s Black Rabbit Rose, Magic Shows and Face-Melting Thai Food
- Planned Communities Are Turning Into Dining Destinations
- New York's Elite Chefs Are Invading Las Vegas
Mindy Kaling is an author, a TV star and now she's a burger designer.
Mindy Kaling is an author, a TV star and now she's a burger designer. The newest item on the menu at Umami Burger is The Mindy Burger, a beef burger topped with pickled jalapeño, fried onion strings, Cali cheese (the chain’s extra-gooey take on American) and sriracha aioli, made in collaboration with Kaling. “Spicy and cheesy, it reflects my personality,” she says. One dollar from every Mindy Burger sale will go to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, which helps both patients and their families cope with the disease.
If there’s no Umami Burger location nearby (or you’re just feeling very DIY), try making your own version of the restaurant’s signature Umami Burger topped with Stilton and a port reduction using F&W’s step-by-step guide.