- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- 5 Survival Soups
- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- Guy Savoy’s Luxe Last Meal
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival. Here, Mike Brown, resourceful co-chef of Travail Kitchen & Amusements in Robbinsdale, Minnesota masterminds his emergency backpack.
"I’d pack dried pasta, hot dogs and I always like to have tortillas on hand. Anything you find, you just wrap it up on a tortilla," says Brown. He also can't live without Sriracha. Best thing about his pack? "If you run out of TP, a nice flour tortilla would do the job. Sriracha and tortillas would get me through World War III," he says.