- Blue Ribbon’s Post-Thanksgivukkah Knish
- René Redzepi to Bring Noma Pop-Up to the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo
- 16-Year-Old Chef Flynn McGarry to Open His First NYC Restaurant
- 5 Awesome Things That Happened When Ferran Adrià Came to Cleveland
- Next Up at Next: Chicago Steakhouse
- The Royal Tenenbaums Meet Hip-Hop at Roy Choi’s Newest Restaurant
- The New Beastie Boys Sandwich at Num Pang
- BITE Silicon Valley's Line-Up Will Cover Food Waste, GMOs and Roy Choi's Veggie Burgers
- Island Creek Oysters Expands, Explains How to Shuck 'Em Yourself
- Empellón Cocina’s Outstanding New Tasting Menu
This November, Miami Beach’s food scene will get a lot hotter—both figuratively and literally. Faena Hotel Miami Beach is opening with not one, not two, but three incredible chefs at the helm.
This November, Miami Beach’s food scene will get a lot hotter—both figuratively and literally. Faena Hotel Miami Beach is opening with not one, not two, but three incredible chefs at the helm. First up is former L.A. chef Gabriel Ask, who trained under stars like Thomas Keller, Joël Robuchon and Alain Ducasse. He will serve as the hotel’s executive chef and oversee all of the hotel’s culinary programming. Next up, grilling genius Francis Mallmann. The current proprietor of two restaurants in Mendoza, one in Buenos Aires and another in Garzon, Uruguay, will open his first-ever U.S. restaurant in the hotel. Appropriately named Los Fuegos (the fires), the restaurant will center on Argentine asado, a traditional communal meal of beef and sausages grilled over an open flame (there’s that literal heat we talked about earlier). Finally, the hotel will also feature F&W BNC Paul Qui’s first restaurant outside of Texas. There’s no definite information about the currently unnamed project yet, but if Qui’s other restaurants are any indication, it should be uber-inventive and amazing.