- How Chicago Restaurant Maple & Ash Made Up for Missing Out on Restaurant Week
- A Fabulous New Craft Brew
- Le Bernardin’s Amazing Vermont Cheese
- Midtown—No Wasteland
- The Perfect Miami Beach Food Weekend Part Two
- Yelping for Discounts
- The Story Behind Semilla's Outstanding Vegetable-Centric Tasting Menu
- Where Are All the Female Brewers?
- Miami's Awesome Scarpetta
- Menu-Free Restaurants
Before flying back to NYC after my quick trip to Miami last week, I made sure to check out Eos, the new restaurant from star chef Michael Psilakis (of NYC's Kefi, Mia Dona, Anthos and Gus & Gabriel Gastropub. Eos is on the 15th floor of the new Viceroy Hotel, which combines the whimsical design of both Kelly Wearstler and Philippe Starck. The food was exceptionally tasty and beautifully plated—from the orange marlin sashimi with speck, apricot and pistachio butter to the ultratender smoked octopus to the decadent lobster-and-sea-urchin risotto with caviar, fried herbs and egg yolk. Another surprise: an ambitious cocktail list. I politely declined the server’s top pick, the Pepper Fresh, but she sent me one anyway and it was one of the most unusual drinks I’ve ever tasted—a mix of vodka and freshly squeezed lime and yellow bell pepper juices muddled with spearmint. Bell pepper juice in a cocktail? Somehow it worked geniously.
© Jen Murphy
© Jen Murphy
The Fresh Pepper cocktail at Eos in Miami