- Pastafarianism Takes Denmark
- How to Cope During the Cauliflower Shortage
- Facing Hot Competition, Tabasco Opens a Museum
- Whole Foods Taps Momofuku Alum to Revamp Their Menu
- What to Do if You’re Not Famous Enough to Get into Tyrese’s Private Benihana
- Another Reason Why Beer is Good for You: It Boosts Blood Flow!
- Why Salads in Alaska Are About to Get Way Better
- Not Ready to Go Full Vegan? Be a Veggan
- What Makes a Caesar Salad?
- Hillary Clinton's Secret Superfood
Male peacocks display their colorful plumage, male gibbons sing songs, male penguins present their lady loves with smooth stones, and human males? They eat a lot of pizza.
According to a study from Cornell University, men eat 92 percent more pizza in the presence of women than they do in the company of other men. “These findings suggest that men tend to overeat to show off,” says Kevin Kniffin, the study’s lead author. “Instead of a feat of strength, it’s a feat of eating.” His main takeaway from the study: “People should calm down when eating with members of the opposite sex.” Our main takeaway: If you’re a man and you’re out eating pizza with a lady, make sure you choose somewhere worth the binge. Here, our guides for where to find the best pizza spots as well as how to make the best pizza at home.
Where to Find the Country’s Best Pizza
Our 33 picks for the greatest places to get a crispy-crusted pie from the originator of New Haven-style “apizza” to a New York City pizzeria making deep-fried pies.
An All-Out New York Pizza Tour
Follow in famed pizzaiolo Gabriele Bonci’s footsteps and go on this eating tour of the city’s best pizza offerings.
Unexpected Places to Find Amazing Pizza
Some of the country’s best pies can be found in cities other than NYC, Chicago and Los Angeles. Here’s our guide to finding amazing pizza in Ann Arbor, Austin and beyond.
America’s Coolest Pizza Ovens
These pizzerias are serving up great pizza, but the ovens are reason enough to visit.
Step-by-Step Neapolitan-Style Pizza
You don’t need to go out for pizza. Here’s our guide for making perfect, thin-crust pizza at home.