- Bitter Cocktails Even Campari-Haters Will Love
- The Ultimate Rosé for Zappa Fans
- The Best Wine for Steak Is Not What You Think
- A Chef’s Birth Beer
- A Sweet, Italian Liqueur for the Holidays
- Emeril Lagasse’s Favorite American Pinot Noirs
- 6 Beers That Are Amazing with Asian Food
- 9 Ways to Make a Manhattan
- The Best Cherry for a Manhattan
- 4 Ways to Upgrade a Shandy
For Bluestem's Megan Garrelts, there's no better winter cocktail than a hot mug of mulled cider.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender's expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Pastry chef and co-owner of Bluestem in Kansas City, Missouri, Megan Garrelts loves mulled cider not only for its taste but also for its festive aroma. “It makes the house smell good,” she says. “Anything warm in a mug is what you’ll see me drinking during the holidays.” For an extra layer of flavor she suggests adding blood orange juice or slices and clove.