- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
- 6 Drinks to Make with Eau-de-Vie (A.K.A. Napa Valley Moonshine)
- How to Winterize a Gin and Tonic
- A Funkier Kind of Sparkling
- 7 Manly Cocktails to Make with Lillet
- Who Needs Craft Beer
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
For Bluestem's Megan Garrelts, there's no better winter cocktail than a hot mug of mulled cider.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender's expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Pastry chef and co-owner of Bluestem in Kansas City, Missouri, Megan Garrelts loves mulled cider not only for its taste but also for its festive aroma. “It makes the house smell good,” she says. “Anything warm in a mug is what you’ll see me drinking during the holidays.” For an extra layer of flavor she suggests adding blood orange juice or slices and clove.