- Michael Gulotta of MoPho in New Orleans is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Best New Chef Brad Kilgore's 7-Minute Pizza
- Edouardo Jordan of Seattle’s Salare is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Inside this Week's Contra + Gramercy Tavern Dinner
- Ravi Kapur of San Francisco’s Liholiho Yacht Club is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Brad Kilgore of Miami’s Alter is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Iliana Regan of Chicago’s Elizabeth is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Aaron Silverman of DC’s Rose’s Luxury is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Jeremiah Stone and Fabian Von Hauske of NYC’s Contra and Wildair are 2016 F&W Best New Chefs
- Kris Yenbamroong of L.A.’s Night + Market Song is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
Growing up, I wanted to be a pro cyclist. Then I broke my leg and doctors discovered a tumor. I stayed home for a year; I watched a lot of Jacques Pépin and Julia Child and got into cooking. But I still bike. I ride up Mt. Veeder in Napa Valley on my Wilier, early in the morning. You bike through the thick fog to the sunny top, then fly down, back into the mist.
Bourbon & Rye
I’ve amassed a collection of bourbon and rye. We’ve developed a cocktail tradition at my Napa Valley garden: When it starts to get dark and we have to stop working, we go up on a porch and sit back with a version of a Negroni made with rye or bourbon.
Experimenting with Vegetables
My 1 1/4-acre garden is part of Jacobsen Orchards in Yountville, California. When I’m not at SPQR, I work there with the original gardener from The French Laundry. I play with fruits and vegetables at various stages of their ripeness. Last year, I turned old, starchy pumpkins into pumpkin bottarga.