- 9 Ways to Use Melon
- 7 Best-Ever Healthy Summer Salads
- 12 Salads to Make with Roast Chicken
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- 10 Ways to Use Radishes
- 5 Chile Dishes You Should Definitely Be Eating
- 10 Ways to Use Spaghetti Squash
- Andrew Zimmern's Key Lime Pie
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
- Turn Your Avocado Toast into Dinner
Paul & Mark Wahlberg in the kitchen at Alma Nove.
There’s another reason Paul catered The Fighter party: He’s worked as Mark’s personal chef on films ranging from Max Payne to The Lovely Bones and knows what his brother likes. One thing that Mark really likes: old-school macaroni salad. Paul tells the story this way: “One day, Mark said, ‘You know what I’d really like? Macaroni salad. Call up Ma and get the recipe.’ I made her recipe, Mark tasted it and said ‘Call her again.’ I realized I wasn’t thinking in Ma’s terms; I was using a really nice olive oil, she used vegetable oil. I had to put my head back to Dorchester [Massachusetts], where we grew up in the '70s; I had to go back to those ingredients. So I made it right, and Mark said, ‘It’s better, but Ma still makes it best.’”
Coming tomorrow: Alma Wahlberg’s macaroni salad.