- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 11 Ways to Use Okra
- 7 Non-Traditional Ways to Serve Turkey at Thanksgiving
- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- Healthy Borscht Salad with Juicy Beaujolais
- 6 Ways to Showcase Peas
- David Chang Pigs Out on Barley
- 5 Quick and Comforting Rice Dishes
- 10 Ways to Use Kale
- 8 Soup Recipes You Should Definitely Batch
Paul & Mark Wahlberg in the kitchen at Alma Nove.
There’s another reason Paul catered The Fighter party: He’s worked as Mark’s personal chef on films ranging from Max Payne to The Lovely Bones and knows what his brother likes. One thing that Mark really likes: old-school macaroni salad. Paul tells the story this way: “One day, Mark said, ‘You know what I’d really like? Macaroni salad. Call up Ma and get the recipe.’ I made her recipe, Mark tasted it and said ‘Call her again.’ I realized I wasn’t thinking in Ma’s terms; I was using a really nice olive oil, she used vegetable oil. I had to put my head back to Dorchester [Massachusetts], where we grew up in the '70s; I had to go back to those ingredients. So I made it right, and Mark said, ‘It’s better, but Ma still makes it best.’”
Coming tomorrow: Alma Wahlberg’s macaroni salad.