- Felix is L.A.'s New Temple of Pasta
- All the Details on Giada De Laurentiis' New Cookbook
- Star Chefs Will Head to Greenville, South Carolina for Euphoria 2017
- Jeremy Fox Announces Tour for His New Cookbook
- Ina Garten Explains Why She's Never Had Kids with Her Husband Jeffrey
- Why a Chicago Chef's Restaurant is Named After a Silent Artist
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten Makes It Grain at His New NYC Vegetable-Centric Spot, abcV
- Detroit Hotspot Katoi Raises $20,000 After a Devastating Fire
- What's Inside a Hawaiian Wellington?
- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
The New York City Wine & Food Festival is about to bring a million food stars to town in support of two excellent hunger-fighting organizations: the Food Bank for New York City and Share Our Strength. So it’s more than appropriate that chef/hero Mario Batali is unofficially kicking off the weekend with a charity event of his own. Tonight at Del Posto, Mario will host a supersonic dinner and auction to raise money for the Mario Batali Foundation, whose admirable mission is to make sure kids are well read, well fed and well cared for. The guest list: Mary J Blige, R.E.M., Maggie Gyllenhaal and more special guests yet to be announced. The signature cocktail: Batali Rocks (gin, fresh clementine juice, gold flake garnish), created by über-mixologist Tony Abu Gamin who will be there mixing them at the party. The Batali-made menu: shrimp scampi with soft polenta; roast pork with Parma Lambrusco conserva. The auction items: the subject of tomorrow’s blog.