- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- Chef Roy Choi Makes the Time 100
- Chef José Andrés Thinks Beets Are Sexy
- The New Queen of the Union Square Farmers Market
- How Sweden's Maverick Chef is Reinventing Nordic Cooking
- This Chef Fuels His Cycling Obsession with Ham-and-Egg Sticky Rice Energy Bars
- April Bloomfield's Tips On Building a Better Burger
- Celebrity Chefs Take Up Residence in Yosemite National Park
- Rick Bayless Reveals New Projects: Cruz Blanca Brewery and Leña Brava, an All-Wood-Fired Restaurant
- Restaurant Roots: Deuki Hong's Fried Chicken Dreams
The Croc-footed chef is taking recipe requests live.
Short on inspiration for what to cook for dinner tonight? Mario Batali is here to help. In his new video series titled Taking Requests, the Croc-footed chef behind some of America’s best Italian restaurants will take your suggestions of four ingredients and come up with a dish for you to make with them. Sometimes he’ll even do it live.
In the first episode, Batali concocts an Italian riff on Oysters Rockefeller after a suggestion of oysters, pancetta, shallots and white wine. He calls them Oysters Balotelli, after the Italian soccer player the Internet apparently constantly confuses him for (even though the resemblance is…not so strong).
If you want to get your own personalized Batali dish, the chef will solicit ingredient ideas every week in the comments section of his Facebook page and release new episodes with recipes based on those ideas every Thursday.
And if you want to learn how to make oysters named for an Italian soccer player with crazy hair, check out the video with step-by-step instructions below.
Mario Batali Cooks Crispy Oysters w/ Pancetta + Spinach
Debbie from Waldorf, MD chose oysters + pancetta + shallots + white wine, so i cooked up a plate of crispy baked oysters w pancetta and spinach. Oh and i taped it, too, so you can make it at home!!Thanks to Eataly NYC for partnering w us on this video and for helping out with all the ingredients featured here !!! #TakingRequestsLeave your requests for new episodes in the comments!!Posted by Mario Batali on Thursday, January 14, 2016