- Video: A Meditation on the Importance of Seeds
- Restaurant Roots: Deuki Hong's Fried Chicken Dreams
- 35,000 Reasons to Binge Watch The Daily Cut
- Red Velvet, Heart-Shaped Pancakes Will Make Your Valentine Shatter Into Tiny Fragments
- Video: The Best Damn Sandwich in Nashville
- Matthew Goode and Matthew Rhys Unveil a Blush-Worthy Wine Show Set in Italy
Mario Batali's new video series explores the similiarities between cooking and making music.
Last night at The Spotted Pig in New York, F&W chef-in-residence Mario Batali hosted a private screening for his latest passion project, Feedback Kitchen, a video series starring pals like Flea, The Edge and Josh Groban. The premise: cooking isn't too different from creating music. Batali interviews a different guest in each episode while making jawdropping meals look super easy, like pasta hidden by a mound of fresh truffle. “That should be illegal!” exclaims Smith while watching him shave a baseball-sized black tuber over the bowl. In another teaser, Groban notes that quality ingredients aren’t too dissimilar to piano keys—it depends on how you use them.
As is well known, Batali's powerfully creative posse isn't limited to musicians. Gorgeous bestie and Oscar-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow came out to support the preview last night after singing broadway versions of rap hits with Jimmy Fallon.
Feedback Kitchen will debut all five episodes on Dailymotion starting January 26.