- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 5 Kosher-for-Passover Fish Dishes That Are Better Than Gefilte Fish
- 10 Incredible Fish Dishes You Should Definitely Be Eating
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- 7 Non-Traditional Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- 10 Recipes for the Best Easter Cookies Ever
- 10 Best-Ever Easter Cupcakes
- 8 Almost-Effortless Holiday Roasts
- 10 Lamb Recipes for Easter Dinner
- NYC Loves Chilaquiles
The third season of the AMC series Mad Men, which revolves around a cast of hard-drinking ad execs in the 1960s, debuts Sunday night. What to expect, according to the New York Times: more historically accurate booze. For a Mad Men–themed cocktail party, we offer the following drinks:
Vanilla Old-Fashioned A muddled vanilla bean adds a twist to creative director Don Draper's drink of choice.
Limoncello Collins This updated take on one of tortured housewife Betty Draper's favorite cocktails calls for limoncello, an intensely flavored Italian liqueur made from lemon peels.
Mai Tai Department store head Rachel Menken drinks the classic rum cocktail when out with Don. This version borrows from the recipe by Ernest Beaumont-Gantt (a.k.a. "Donn Beach," the father of tiki culture), and calls for dashes of Pernod and Angostura bitters for complexity.