- 5 Incredible Cinco de Mayo Desserts
- 9 Super-Tasty Meatless Burgers for Memorial Day
- 10 Superfast Grilling Recipes
- 5 Egg Appetizers for Easter
- 10 Best-Ever Pasta Salads for the Fourth of July
- 10 Ways to Make Ribs for the Fourth of July
- How to Cook 3 Supercheap and Insanely Delicious Cuts of Lamb
- 7 Ways to Rethink Cheesecake
- 5 Ways to Amp Up Any Gravy
- How to Fix Lumpy Gravy and 3 Other Classic Thanksgiving Mistakes
The third season of the AMC series Mad Men, which revolves around a cast of hard-drinking ad execs in the 1960s, debuts Sunday night. What to expect, according to the New York Times: more historically accurate booze. For a Mad Men–themed cocktail party, we offer the following drinks:
Vanilla Old-Fashioned A muddled vanilla bean adds a twist to creative director Don Draper's drink of choice.
Limoncello Collins This updated take on one of tortured housewife Betty Draper's favorite cocktails calls for limoncello, an intensely flavored Italian liqueur made from lemon peels.
Mai Tai Department store head Rachel Menken drinks the classic rum cocktail when out with Don. This version borrows from the recipe by Ernest Beaumont-Gantt (a.k.a. "Donn Beach," the father of tiki culture), and calls for dashes of Pernod and Angostura bitters for complexity.