- Pork Chops + Escarole = Dinner in 12 Minutes
- 8 Almost-Effortless Holiday Roasts
- 10 Lamb Recipes for Easter Dinner
- If You Like Lamb Shanks, Try Lamb Shoulder Chops
- Ultimate Parker House Rolls
- Parker House Rolls Worth Fighting Over
- Arepas: The Ultimate Culinary Vehicle
- 9 Reasons You Should Definitely Make Scrambled Eggs Today
- 9 Ways to Use Granola
- Campfire Canapés
The third season of the AMC series Mad Men, which revolves around a cast of hard-drinking ad execs in the 1960s, debuts Sunday night. What to expect, according to the New York Times: more historically accurate booze. For a Mad Men–themed cocktail party, we offer the following drinks:
Vanilla Old-Fashioned A muddled vanilla bean adds a twist to creative director Don Draper's drink of choice.
Limoncello Collins This updated take on one of tortured housewife Betty Draper's favorite cocktails calls for limoncello, an intensely flavored Italian liqueur made from lemon peels.
Mai Tai Department store head Rachel Menken drinks the classic rum cocktail when out with Don. This version borrows from the recipe by Ernest Beaumont-Gantt (a.k.a. "Donn Beach," the father of tiki culture), and calls for dashes of Pernod and Angostura bitters for complexity.