- San Francisco Bar Crawl: Bourbon-Spiked Cappuccino and Turn of the Century Cocktails
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Bar
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
- 5 Boozy Ways to Get Your Matcha Fix
- 5 Corn Cocktails That Scream Summer
- NYC's Top New Tapas
- Shandy 2.0: Modern Takes on the Simplest Beer Cocktail
- Clarified Lime Juice Makes the Coolest Mojito Ever
- Sesame, Mustard and Olive Oils Now Enhancing Cocktails
© Jessica Fey Photography
In the last year, the bourbon-loving city has become a destination for ingenious cocktails and great beer.
Holy Grale (photo)
Beer taps and bar stools have replaced the pews at this former Unitarian church. Its 26 taps pour US brews from Three Floyds and Green Flash, as well as obscure Belgian beers. holygralelouisville.com.
Owner Michael Trager-Kusman and chef William Tyler Morris met at NYC’s The Breslin. At Rye, they serve drinks like the Vecchio (vodka, amaro, rosemary syrup) and an Italian menu. ryeonmarket.com.
Upstairs from the Blind Pig gastropub, Meat features drinks from guest mixologists, including local star Larry Rice of the whiskey bar The Silver Dollar. His Butchertown Sour combines gin, house-made Falernum, mole and lemon bitters. meatlouisville.com.