- NYC's Top New Tapas
- Shandy 2.0: Modern Takes on the Simplest Beer Cocktail
- Clarified Lime Juice Makes the Coolest Mojito Ever
- Sesame, Mustard and Olive Oils Now Enhancing Cocktails
- Bartenders Discover Weed Cocktails
- Why Bartenders Are Burning Citrus to a Crisp
- 3 Ways Bartenders Are Making Hurricanes You'd Actually Want to Drink
- 3 Awesome Beer Cocktails from the Modern Family Dad's New Bar
- 5 Must-Have Mezcals
- First Sip: Lucid Absinthe
© Jessica Fey Photography
In the last year, the bourbon-loving city has become a destination for ingenious cocktails and great beer.
Holy Grale (photo)
Beer taps and bar stools have replaced the pews at this former Unitarian church. Its 26 taps pour US brews from Three Floyds and Green Flash, as well as obscure Belgian beers. holygralelouisville.com.
Owner Michael Trager-Kusman and chef William Tyler Morris met at NYC’s The Breslin. At Rye, they serve drinks like the Vecchio (vodka, amaro, rosemary syrup) and an Italian menu. ryeonmarket.com.
Upstairs from the Blind Pig gastropub, Meat features drinks from guest mixologists, including local star Larry Rice of the whiskey bar The Silver Dollar. His Butchertown Sour combines gin, house-made Falernum, mole and lemon bitters. meatlouisville.com.