- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
- How Much to Tip at Bars All Around the World
- 5 Corn Cocktails That Scream Summer
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Bar
- Test Your Bartending Mettle at Anvil Bar’s Blind Spirits Tasting
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
- It's Healthy to Visit the Pub, Says Oxford Anthropologist
- Pepsi Is Opening a Cocktail Bar
- This London Bar Is Making Wine-Free Wines
- A Bartending Legend is Taking Over One of the Country's Top Tiki Bars
© Jessica Fey Photography
In the last year, the bourbon-loving city has become a destination for ingenious cocktails and great beer.
Holy Grale (photo)
Beer taps and bar stools have replaced the pews at this former Unitarian church. Its 26 taps pour US brews from Three Floyds and Green Flash, as well as obscure Belgian beers. holygralelouisville.com.
Owner Michael Trager-Kusman and chef William Tyler Morris met at NYC’s The Breslin. At Rye, they serve drinks like the Vecchio (vodka, amaro, rosemary syrup) and an Italian menu. ryeonmarket.com.
Upstairs from the Blind Pig gastropub, Meat features drinks from guest mixologists, including local star Larry Rice of the whiskey bar The Silver Dollar. His Butchertown Sour combines gin, house-made Falernum, mole and lemon bitters. meatlouisville.com.