- Birds & Bubbles Hong Kong: 15-Hour Days and 55 Pounds of Butter
- 3 Ways to Explore Italy
- Vegas’s Next Mega Food Destination
- Designer Margherita Maccapani Missoni on Italian Pasta, Plates and Gelato
- An Insider's Guide to Florence
- Dancer-Designer John Sorensen-Jolink's Gorgeous Home Design
- 33 Gorgeous Reasons to Travel to Milan
- Early Look: Fatty Crab St. John
- Urban Picnicking in Boston
- Show Your Olympic Spirit With These Airplane Pajamas
© The Berkeley
Haute-cookies at the Berkeley hotel in London.
I’ll be blogging this week about discoveries from my recent eight-day trip to London. The city was buzzing with pop-up restaurant/design projects, ambitious new hotels and hip new British comfort food joints. One of my favorite finds was at the Berkeley hotel, which just introduced the fall/winter collection of its super-popular Prêt-à-Portea (the menu changes every six months to reflect the new fashion season). This haute-couture-inspired tea service features edible designs inspired by Christian Lacroix, Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior. Adorable confections include a Roger Vivier chocolate boot cookie, a Mulberry "Bayswater" white-chocolate-and-coconut-truffle "it" bag and a cinnamon Burberry Prorsum trench-coat cookie with a caramel belt and buttons. All are served on Paul Smith china alongside a proper cup of English tea.