- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
- A Malbec That Speaks French
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
- The German Wine You Probably Never Heard of, but Should Be Drinking
- 4 Wines to Pair with Roasted Vegetables
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity and Savory Under-$15 Cabernet
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Lee Campbell, wine director at Reynard, at Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn.
Why: Lee Campbell calls this Chenin Blanc from a cooperative in France's Loire Valley "brilliantly mineral." She says: "It's a humble wine, but all of the wines from this producer over-deliver."