- Help Restaurants Support Italy Earthquake Relief by Eating Pasta
- Breaking Baking News: Tartine Manufactory Is Now Open in SF
- A Coffee Blended Like Wine
- Massimo Bottura's Food for Soul Project
- Kate Moss and Her Christmas Turkey
- Vegas’s Next Mega Food Destination
- Is Guy Fieri Writing a Vegetarian Cookbook?
- Early Look: Fatty Crab St. John
- Spying on Tiki Barber at Café Boulud
- Hungry at Waverly Inn
Inaki Aizpitarte makes his toquera for Le Fooding
Anyway, la toquera is a French invention of a chef making a cooking video while holding a camera (toque + camera). By necessity, the recipes are short and easy to follow and invariably hilarious. Le Fooding’s French website has several, from pastry icon Pierre Hermé’s wasabi-and-grapefruit “emotion” to Zoe’s cake from Pierre Jancou of the amazing wine bar Racines. My favorite so far is Toquera #19, Oriental mussels from Inaki Aizpitarte of Le Chateaubriand, who’s in NYC for Le Fooding and who manages to combine his very obvious cooking skill with his equally obvious distaste for being on camera.