- Forager-Friendly Chicken Salad
- Pass the Talking Peas, Please
- 8 Ways to Use Shell Beans
- A Vegan Take on Caprese Salad
- 10 Ways to Use Radishes
- 5 Ways to Use Almond Butter
- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- A Healthy Take on Steak (with Wine)
- 10 Stunning Pies (Other than Apple) for the Fourth of July
- Black Cod with Miso Broth and German Pinot Noir
I have a disproportionate amount of guy friends, which means I usually start getting distraught calls around this time of year (i.e., two days before Valentine’s Day) asking for gift suggestions. Case in point: Over the weekend, I asked my newlywed friend Adam what he was doing for his wife on Valentine’s Day. His response: “I didn't know you still have to do Valentine's Day after getting married!” For any other guys out there who may have forgotten, or waited until the last minute, here are a few ideas for the food-and-wine-loving woman that will fit every budget.
* The newly introduced Pulpe Vitaminée facial ($235) at the Caudalie wine spa in New York City’s Plaza Hotel is an hour and 20 minutes of pure bliss. The grapeseed-based vitamin-E serum used in the treatment is superhydrating and left my skin glowing. After the treatment you get to relax even more in the spa’s glamorous wine lounge, where a sommelier will serve you a complimentary glass of the house wine, Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte.
* Cult beauty brand Fresh recently launched a new collection, Citron de Vigne, inspired by Veuve Clicquot’s vintage La Grande Dame Champagne. The perfume is $75, but I also love the soap, which comes hand-wrapped in kimono-inspired paper and costs $14.
* I eat out for work all the time, so I’m always more impressed when a man offers to cook me dinner. It’s much more intimate and thoughtful (and usually less expensive!) For inspiration, check out Food & Wine's most sexy recipes and irresistible milk-chocolate desserts.
© Caudalie Spa
The wine lounge in Caudalie Spa at the Plaza Hotel
© Courtesy of Fresh
Fresh's new Champagne-inspired collecttion