- The James Beard Media Awards 2017 Complete Winners List: The Year's Best Cookbooks, TV Shows, and Food Journalism
- The Doomsday Vault Where the World’s Seeds Are Kept Safe
- Why Panera Bread Founder Ron Shaich Sold His Company
- 94-Year-Old Woman Has Worked at McDonald's for 44 Years
- World Water Day 2017: 5 Things to Know About Water Consumption
- Why Does Wine Give You a Headache?
- Michelle Obama Faces Her Toughest Interviewer Yet—an 11-Year-Old MasterChef Junior Challenge Winner
- Rascal Flatts Takes Over the Kitchen at the Hermitage Cafe in Nashville
- Anthony Bourdain Guessed Secret Ingredients on 'The Tonight Show'
- The Two Most Influential Food People in the World, 2017 Edition
Most people go to the beach for vacation. Not Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, the awesome guys behind Animal in L.A., who are also F&W Best New Chefs 2009. The pair will be fronting a pop-up restaurant at the Backyard, the dining room at the terrific Sole East hotel in Montauk, N.Y., from August 12-18 (reservations, 631-668-9739). Don't worry, they won't just be cooking: "We wanted a little fun and sun," says Shook, who, like Dotolo, is an avid surfer. Their plan: To serve some of Animal's greatest hits—melted petit basque cheese with chorizo and garlic bread; balsamic ribs with blistered corn and herb butter; bacon-chocolate crunch bars with salt-pepper custard sauce—as well as new dishes they're keeping secret. My plan: to eat there all seven nights.
© Nigel Parry