- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- 9 Ways to Make a Manhattan
- The Best Cherry for a Manhattan
- A Funkier Glass of Sparkling
- Joe Beef's Chef Prefers Two-Ingredient Cocktails
- Nor'Easter, on the Rocks
- The Secret to Marital Bliss: Snobby Wine and Cheap Beer
- The Easiest Fall Cocktail Ever
- Wine is the New Coffee
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
When chef Jose Garces needs to calm down, he turns to bourbon.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
“I love a good old-fashioned with my favorite bourbon, Four Roses,” says chef Jose Garces. “I’m just a bourbon fan in general—I have been since opening Village Whiskey. I love the richness of bourbon, it’s very calming and soothing, and it’s a touch on the sweet side.”