- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
- How to Winterize a Gin and Tonic
- 6 Drinks to Make with Eau-de-Vie (A.K.A. Napa Valley Moonshine)
- A Funkier Kind of Sparkling
- 7 Manly Cocktails to Make with Lillet
- Who Needs Craft Beer
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
When chef Jose Garces needs to calm down, he turns to bourbon.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
“I love a good old-fashioned with my favorite bourbon, Four Roses,” says chef Jose Garces. “I’m just a bourbon fan in general—I have been since opening Village Whiskey. I love the richness of bourbon, it’s very calming and soothing, and it’s a touch on the sweet side.”