- 11 Clever Ways to Use Potatoes for Game Day
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- 11 Game-Day Snacks for Viewers Only Interested in the Puppy Bowl
- The Recipes You Need for Super Bowl Sunday
- 10 Super Bowl Snacks to Eat with Your Hands
- Truffled Popcorn and Rosé Champagne: How F&W Followers Toast the Super Bowl
- The Real Super Bowl Matchup: Carbs Vs. Protein
- 10 Ways to Up Your Guacamole Game
- 10 Ways Cheese Wins the Super Bowl
- 5 Super Bowl Sloppy Joes
Typically, the only greenery found at the Super Bowl is on the field. But Eric Borgia, the chef behind the food at this year's event, thinks kale has a place in the cheesy, meaty world of game day snacks.
Typically, the only greenery found at the Super Bowl is on the field. But Eric Borgia, the chef behind the food at this year's event, thinks kale has a place in the cheesy, meaty world of game day snacks. According to the New York Post, the menu at the MetLife Stadium will feature Borgia’s chicken-sausage and Tuscan kale sandwich, a take on the classic New York City street-fair sausage and pepper sandwich. Here, six more ideas for game day-appropriate kale dishes.
Stuffed Kale with Bulgur Tabbouleh and Lime Yogurt Dip: In his clever take on stuffed grape leaves, chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten uses tender kale as the wrapper, then stuffs them with a tabbouleh of bulgur, cucumber, mint and sour cherry.
Kale, Chard and Soppressata Pie: This Italian riff on spanakopita features sautéed greens mixed with soppressata and ricotta salata in a flaky Parmigiano crust.
Crispy Kale Chips with Lemon-Yogurt Dip: These delicious, garlicky kale crisps are roasted with virgin olive oil until crunchy.
Kale-Stuffed Mushrooms with Hazelnut Gremolata: These two-bite snacks are a California-style take on old-school stuffed mushrooms.
Spelt Focaccia with Kale, Squash and Pecorino: This healthy alternative to pizza is topped with tangy marinated kale, soft and sweet slices of winter squash and a few shavings of nutty, salty pecorino cheese.
Creamed Kale Toasts: Luxurious creamed kale is a fantastic topping for crunchy toasts.