- Peanut Butter Plus
- 3 Tasty Ways to Flavor Edamame
- Fantastic Austrian Pumpkin Seeds
- Party-Ready Red Walnuts
- Whole-Wheat Pasta That You Can Cook Perfectly
- A Great Date
- If You Like Lamb Shanks, Try Lamb Shoulder Chops
- Okra: The Best Unsung Frozen Vegetable
- Best Baby Snacks: Little Duck Organics Tiny Fruits
- Fair-Trade Shopping Guide
Courtesy of Earthbound Farm
F&W food editors apply their incredible cooking knowledge to explaining what to do with a variety of interesting ingredients.
Last year was undoubtedly the year of kale. It seemed like there were kale salads on every menu and F&W included a recipe for the greens in almost every issue. Earthbound Farms said the demand for their boxes of mixed baby kales just keeps growing: Their sales are up 220 percent this year over last.
When I’m feeling lazy, I love this mix: The greens are tender enough to eat raw (no salt-massage needed) and they wilt down when cooked almost as quickly as baby spinach. The only trick is finding a supermarket that can keep a supply of the baby kale on the shelf.