- Announcing Food & Wine's 2014 Sommeliers of the Year
- Where to Drink Wine in Austin
- Michael Muser's Life Story in 5 Bottles: Profoundly Balanced Riesling and Super-Pure Pinot Noir
- Ceri Smith's Life Story in 5 Bottles: From Jug Wine to Super-Luxe Barolo
- Eric Railsback's Life Story in 5 Wines: $10 Grüner and Grand Cru Chablis
- Patrick Capiello's Life Story in 5 Bottles: Old Bordeaux, Grower Champagnes and the Loire Valley's Greatest Red
- Hristo Zisovski's Life Story in 5 Wines: From Homemade Garage Wine to Well-Aged Petrus
- Chris Tanghe's Life Story in 3 Wines: Aged Barolo, Brilliant Burgundy and a Wine with a 2-Minute Finish
- Announcing Food & Wine's 2015 Sommeliers of the Year
- What to Drink at Pearl & Ash in New York City
June Rodil, from Qui in Austin, is one of F&W's 2014 Sommeliers of the Year. Here, she names 5 key wines that have defined her wine career.
June Rodil, from Qui in Austin, is one of Food & Wine's 2014 Sommeliers of the Year. Here, she names 5 key wines that have defined her wine career.
1999, As a server at Austin's Driskill Hotel
"It was my first try at pairing. I thought, I'm gonna take this buttery wine and this sea bass with tomato-butter sauce and see if they work well together. And they did. Two things came together and changed my perspective."
2003, At the Driskill
1977 Heitz Martha's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
"A collector brought in this magnum, and it was the oldest bottle I had seen and the biggest bottle I had opened."
2007, While sommelier at Austin's Uchi
1988 Château Musar
"I felt so lucky to have been invited to this tasting. I'd never had a wine I could taste on its own and know exactly what it is and who made it. [Lebanese winemaker] Serge Hochar's Château Musar is unmistakable."
2009, After winning Texas' Best Sommelier
2006 Louis Latour Corton-Charlemagne
"My friend Peter Wasserman opened this special bottle to congratulate me, and it was corked. Luckily, he had a second one."
2014, After hours
2008 Maximin Grünhäuser Abtsberg Riesling Spätlese
"This is what I always want to open at my house. It's brilliant, and it can go with everything. I really should lay down some bottles, but I can't. I just keep drinking them all."