- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- Mexico Welcomes Rick Bayless into the Order of the Aztec Eagle
- Andrew Zimmern's Skordalia (Greek Potato Dip)
- Grilled Striped Bass with Sweet-and-Savory Caramel
- Why Not Beat Them First?
- 11 Ways to Use Carrots
- 5 Super-Refreshing Sangrias You Should Make Right Now
- 7 Recipes to Make Before Bananas Go Extinct
- Memories of South Fork and Cioppino with Mussels
Chicken Dance spotlights a fantastic Food & Wine chicken recipe every day.
© 2008 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.
Meryl Streep as "Julia Child" in Columbia Pictures' Julie & Julia. Photo by Jonathan Wenk.
Today would have been the great Julia Child's 99th birthday. The revolutionary TV host and author of Mastering the Art of French Cooking brought French cuisine to American kitchens, along with a perfect roast chicken recipe, which she shared with Food & Wine in 1997. In the article, called "Chicken Divine" (not online), Child recommended "listening to the bird as it cooks and attending to its progress, salting and basting as needed."