- Help Restaurants Support Italy Earthquake Relief by Eating Pasta
- Breaking Baking News: Tartine Manufactory Is Now Open in SF
- A Coffee Blended Like Wine
- Massimo Bottura's Food for Soul Project
- Kate Moss and Her Christmas Turkey
- Vegas’s Next Mega Food Destination
- Is Guy Fieri Writing a Vegetarian Cookbook?
- Early Look: Fatty Crab St. John
- Spying on Tiki Barber at Café Boulud
- Hungry at Waverly Inn
The news just broke that Meryl Streep will play Julia Child in the movie version of Julie and Julia, Julie Powell's blog-memoir about cooking her way through Child's epic, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. The movie sounds like it could be a lot of fun, with Nora Ephron in the director's chair. But can Meryl carry off the role of our Patron Saint? We discussed it in-house, and the consensus seems to be - perhaps. Our features editor, Michelle Shih, always apt to notice the details, remembered a scene in The Hours in which Streep deftly separated egg whites from egg yolks by letting the whites run through her fingers. "It was the sort of trick that gave me the idea she's cooked before," Michelle said. What can we do - we're a little protective of Our Lady of Deliciousness and Dropped Turkeys.