- Giuliana and Bill Rancic on the Best Pasta Shapes and How to Properly Set the Table
- Padma Lakshmi's Thanksgiving Dinner Must-Have and Crispy Fried Chicken Trick
- Glee’s Jenna Ushkowitz Channels Real-Life Experience and Dreams of Pie for Waitress on Broadway
- Dwyane Wade Trusts LeBron James to Order for Him in Restaurants
- Kelly Rowland Loves Gouda, Listens to Jazz When She Cooks
- Parks and Recreation Co-Stars Adam Scott and Aziz Ansari On Entertaining, Party Food and Natural Wines
- Designer Margherita Maccapani Missoni on Italian Pasta, Plates and Gelato
- How to Eat Like Olympian Shalane Flanagan
- Lena Dunham Loves Burgers for Breakfast and L.A.'s Vegan Scene
- Foreigner’s Kelly Hansen Is Fascinated by Rare Cheese, Has Banned M&Ms on Tour
Joshua Bell loves 24-course meals in Lima, coconut water backstage and bone marrow everywhere (just don’t ask him to share).
Concert Rider Food Request
I do ask for a few things, though I have to remember to change it up every once in a while—after 150 spaghetti Bologneses, I can’t look at another one. My current standbys are bananas, coconut water, and chicken or vegetable soup.
Ultimate Burger Run
When I’m on the West Coast, one of the first things I do is head to In-N-Out Burger. One time, the concert hall sent an embarrassingly large stretch limo to pick me up before a show. I had to stop at In-N-Out. But I noticed that across the street was a McDonald’s, which I prefer for the fries. So I sent the driver to the In-N-Out while I ran, Stradivarius in hand, for the fries.
Pianist Alessio Bax happens to be a great chef. Recently he came over and made Kobe steak. He has a butcher who can get him real Kobe from Japan, not the imitation kind you find in Kobe hot dogs. What’s next, Kobe sloppy joes?
South American Food Fantasy
I just came back from a South American tour and was blown away by the food scene in Lima, Peru. I had a 24-course meal at Astrid & Gastón and one of the best Japanese meals of my life at Osaka.
Bone of Contention
Growing up, when we had steak for dinner, my sisters and I would fight over the marrow bone. To this day, I seek out restaurants that offer a great bone marrow dish so I can have it to myself.
Celebrity Chefs in His Kitchen
I often mix food and music for events I host at my place in New York. I just had David Bouley in my kitchen for an event thrown by Krug. I watch—and taste—from the sidelines, though it’s fun to participate when they let me.
The One Dish He’s Mastered
Cocoa Pebbles. Actually, my kids say my soft scrambled eggs are the best.