- Men Are More Likely to Pig Out During the Holidays Than Women
- How to Take a Post-election Vacation Like Hillary Clinton
- Trump's Policies Could Severely Impact Food Supply
- Study Suggests that Saturated Fat Might Be Healthy After All
- Bird Flu Epidemic Hits French Foie Gras Industry
- Now There's a Home Delivery Meal Kit For Breakfast
- Kate Moss Moonlights Working a Food Truck
- Americans Don't Trust What Scientists Say About Genetically Modified Food
- Inside Amazon's New Human-Free Grocery Store
- You Can't Put Melania Trump's Face on a Cake in Slovenia
To prep for his next role, the actor has embedded himself at the classic New York restaurant.
Where do you go if you want to learn how to act like a serious foodie? If you’re Jesse Tyler Ferguson, you belly up to the bar at NYC’s Gramercy Tavern. According to the New York Daily News, the Modern Family star has been preparing for his upcoming role in Fully Committed (scheduled to open on Broadway this April) by taking copious notes at Danny Meyer’s Flatiron District restaurant. According to one of the Daily News’ inside sources, Ferguson has become a “fixture” at the restaurant, chatting with every type of employee from dishwashers to chefs to waiters, and practicing restaurant lingo. Why? In the one-man show, Ferguson will play not only an actor turned reservationist at an ultra-hot Manhattan restaurant, but also more than 40 other characters attempting to score a table by any means necessary. If you head to Gramercy Tavern anytime soon, watch how you act. You might be inspiration for one of Ferguson’s many future alter egos.