- Behold the Tale of the Man Who Stole $18.7 Million Dollars Worth of Maple Syrup From Quebec
- This Delivery Service Will Send Rosé to Your Doorstep All Summer Long
- Good Background Music Will Make You Spend More on Dinner
- Cherry Blossom Cotton Candy Pizza is a Thing, And It's Kind of Beautiful
- This Nail Polish is Made with Real Prosecco
- Pregnant Women Believe A Pizza Induces Labor—And They're Lining Up For It
- Indian Chef Sets World Record by Cooking for 53 Straight Hours
- A Famous Doughnut Shop Will Be Releasing 15 Chocolate Flavors At Once
- The Museum of Ice Cream Finds a Home in L.A.
- Here Are Numbers 51-100 on the World's 50 Best Restaurants List
To prep for his next role, the actor has embedded himself at the classic New York restaurant.
Where do you go if you want to learn how to act like a serious foodie? If you’re Jesse Tyler Ferguson, you belly up to the bar at NYC’s Gramercy Tavern. According to the New York Daily News, the Modern Family star has been preparing for his upcoming role in Fully Committed (scheduled to open on Broadway this April) by taking copious notes at Danny Meyer’s Flatiron District restaurant. According to one of the Daily News’ inside sources, Ferguson has become a “fixture” at the restaurant, chatting with every type of employee from dishwashers to chefs to waiters, and practicing restaurant lingo. Why? In the one-man show, Ferguson will play not only an actor turned reservationist at an ultra-hot Manhattan restaurant, but also more than 40 other characters attempting to score a table by any means necessary. If you head to Gramercy Tavern anytime soon, watch how you act. You might be inspiration for one of Ferguson’s many future alter egos.