- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- Guy Savoy’s Luxe Last Meal
- Zak Pelaccio’s Giant End-of-the-World Backpack
- Mike Brown’s Emergency Tortilla Plan
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
When the apocalypse hits, chef James Winberg will subsist on cigarettes, whiskey and steak.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef James Winberg of Travail Kitchen & Amusements in Robbinsdale, Minnesota, keeps his emergency pack simple. On his list: a bottle of whiskey, multiple packs of cigarettes and an iPhone for the GPS (if the satellites are still in working condition). For food he would pack a juicy rib eye and pasta.